Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:38:06 -0700
While I understand your position and agree with most
of what you have to say, I think the argument about
green card fails, and I'll tell you why.    Here are
the green card rules, and given the volume of
potentially qualified candidates here in the US who
are desperately seeking like positions, an employer
would be hard pressed to argue they hired you because
they couldn't find anyone born here to fill the job.

PERM is the process for obtaining labor certification,
the first step of the green card process for foreign
nationals seeking permanent residence through their
employment.

To obtain an approved PERM Labor Certification, the
employer must prove (through newspaper advertising and
other recruiting methods) that they were UNSUCCESSFUL
IN HIRING A QUALIFIED U.S. WORKER for a certain
position.

The employer must be prepared to hire the foreign
worker on a full-time and permanent basis.

There must be a bona fide job opening available to
U.S. workers.
Job requirements must adhere to what is customarily
required for the occupation in the U.S. and may not be
tailored to the worker's qualifications. In other
words, the employer must establish that the job
opportunity has been described without the use of
unduly restrictive job requirements, unless it can
demonstrate that they arise out of business necessity.

The employer must pay at least the prevailing wage for
the occupation
in the area of intended employment.

http://www.usavisanow.com/lcgreencardinfo.html