From:
"Dyer, Amanda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:04:03 -0500
Two additional tips:

1.       A sign shop recently turned us on to plastic razor blades. They look exactly like a stainless safety razor blade, but are made of rigid plastic. I think ours were orange. They worked really well, although it can leave a little adhesive film behind on the wall. I haven't looked into a vendor so that I can purchase some of our own, but I need to get on that . . .

2.       During our last deinstallation I primed over the shiny adhesive residue that was left on the wall before repainting and it has not bled through the new paint. Still looks great!

Amanda Dyer
University Art Galleries, Texas A&M University
979.845.9251