From:
Kenna Howat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 13:56:26 +0000
Here at the National Women's History Museum we offer free online electronic field trips via google hangout. These have become increasingly popular with over the last couple years. The problem we have is that sign-ups don't often mean that they will show up. Out of the people who sign up, only 50% respond to my email confirming the date and time. Out of those that do confirm, again only 50% actually show up on the day of the program. This results in a lot of wasted time on our part. One idea that we had to guarantee that classrooms would show up, is to charge them a small amount of money either at the time they signup or when they confirm. Possibly $20-50 per program (less for Title I schools).

We've always boasted in the past that the programs are free but we realize it may be time for a change. Have any of you experienced anything similar? Any advice on whether to charge or how to increase the participation rate would be greatly appreciated!

Kenna Howat
Education Programs Manager
National Women's History Museum

www.womenshistory.org<http://www.womenshistory.org/>