From:
Annie Hollobone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:16:53 +0100

Resource: The Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries

I am writing to inform you of the new name and corporate identity that we
have chosen for the organisation formerly known as the Museums, Libraries
and Archives Council (MLAC).  As from today our full name is Resource: The
Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries.  Our shorthand title is simply
Resource - a word which we feel captures effectively the main elements of
commonality between museums, libraries and archives and which we hope
reflects some of the dynamism within the sector.

The next few months will be a transitional period for us while the remaining
members of our Board are appointed, we consider the responses made to the
MLAC consultation exercise, develop our manifesto and undertake a series of
projects and reviews based around our new agenda.

We are currently undertaking a staffing review and as soon as this has been
finalised we will contact you again with information about our new structure
and contact details.  In the meantime, please deal with your former MGC/LIC
contacts and we will update you as soon as we can.

On behalf of everyone at Resource, we look forward to working with you in
the future.

Neville Mackay
Chief Executive