From:
Hassan Najjar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:37:23 -0500
We have several colleges and universities in our area. As a result we
offer a low $5.00 yearly membership to students that offer unlimited
visits to the Museum. We give them cards, with their name on them and an
expiration date that they can present to the front desk every time they
come in.

This procedure works best every once in a while when a student comes in
to purchase such a card. However, I have been getting an increased
number of professors who want to bring their students to the Museum. The
problems arise when I have 60 students all paying individually for these
membership cards while our front desk staff fills them all out with an
expiration date and their names. Needless to say that this takes forever
(especially when half of them pay with credit cards) and even having the
professor forward me names ahead of time turns out to be a mess when
half the students show up for the trip and I have wasted cards.

I am pretty sure someone has thought of a better way to handle this and
I would be eager to learn how.

Thanks,

Hassan Najjar