From:
sophie wirth brentini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 08:20:20 +0100

Many thanks Kaia for your detailed and useful answer!All the best for your projectsSophie

Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 09:21:27 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] open source collections management systems
To: [log in to unmask]

Madrona is a DAM, so probably not your best choice.
We're in the process of switching to CollectiveAccess, and so far it's great. Version 1.1 is due out any day now. I would recommend it.
Open Collection looks a little more polished (in the gui), but may be more involved to install. (I haven't tried it - this is just my opinion from looking at the install notes).

Other options include Open Exhibits, Collection Space, or MuseoLOG (this last through UNESCO).
Ultimately, which is best really depends on what you need out of it, and how technologically skilled you are.

Good luck,

Kaia

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 7:34 AM, sophie wirth brentini <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear All!I am looking for an open source software in collection management. The collection to be managed is a private collection of contemporary ceramics. Do you know of any such system?I read on the web about Madrona, Collective Access, and Open Collection. Do you have practical experience with an open source resource of that kind?

I am looking forward to receive your ideas and send you my kind regards,Sophie Wirth Brentini