From:
Bethany Schirmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 09:25:36 -0500
I would just like to send a little reasurrance to all those starting out in the museum world that it is possible to get a job.  After two years of working part time at a local museum, and then working part time at two different museums, I have finally landed a full time museum position.  I believe that this new job is exactly what I am looking for right now.

However, this move has left my old position open.

The Heritage Farmstead Museum, an accredited house museum is hiring for the position of Education Coordinator.  The Museum has changing exhibits, and sees 20,000 visitors per year; half of those are school tours.  The Education Coordinator works directly with the Education Director to develop, schedule, and manage a very busy programming schedule.  In addition, the position allows for a variety of experiences with the exhibits, publicity, and day to day management of a historic site.  Preferred applicants for this position will have some training in museums, either a degree or volunteer experience.  For more information, contact Ted Peters, Executive Director: [log in to unmask]