From:
Lori Tomlinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:11:19 EST
In a message dated 3/22/02 2:01:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> We use Bank of America and they do not charge us any fees at all. What you

Interesting how different branches of the same bank set policies... we banked
with them for quite a while, and they charged us fees that exceeded the
interest we earned on the balance.  A few years ago, a locally owned bank
approached us with  a wonderful offer... we don't pay for ANYTHING, plus all
our employees get free checking, all with interest paid on the balance.  No
minimums, etc.

So, my two cents worth... call around to all the banks in your area, and see
what you can get.  Then, go with the best offer.    Contact other non-profits
and see who they bank with.  Also, keep an eye out for which banks you see
sponsoring nonprofit events and fundraisers.  Often they are the banks who
are most interested in supporting their local communities.  It sounds like
you are definitely being raked over the coals with your current bank.

Good luck!

Lori Tomlinson
Executive Director
Florida Adventure Museum