From:
Dean Krimmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 16:25:35 -0500
Hello All,

While talking to a colleague who works in a large museum with many
accessibility challenges we began kicking around the idea of a visitor map
that showed or described stroller or wheelchair "routes." Or something that
provided a new type of orientation to those folks. (The museum does have
elevators.) Kind of crazy, yes, and maybe a backwards approach considering
how visitors ordinarily make choices about where to go. But I figured, what
the heck.might as well ask the list.

We'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has created such a map, or come up
with other clever and effective ways to serve these audiences. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dean

Dean Krimmel, Creative Museum Services/Qm2

Helping Museums and Cultural Nonprofits

423 Range Road  Baltimore, MD 21204

 <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]; 410-746-8350

 <http://www.qm2.org/> http://www.qm2.org