From:
Helen Alten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 10:58:42 -0500
Dear Susan,
I am sorry that you had trouble reaching us.  We respond to messages
left on the machine, but all of us are out of the office more than we
are in it.  Many of us, myself included, are working weekends and
evenings at the lab, rather than regular business hours. Since our
internet provider went out of business without warning, we may have
missed some e-mails, too. I have been a little slow responding to other
e-mails and some phone calls because I am home on partial maternity
leave with premature twins.  Uninterrupted time is at a premium.  It was
a difficult pregnancy and the later Collections Caretaker issues of 2000
were affected.  We are in the process of getting back issues and the
first issue of volume 4 out to subscribers.   I can be reached at
[log in to unmask]  Our general e-mail is
[log in to unmask]  Adrienne, our office manager, is at the office
on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.  The office phone number is
612-378-9379.  Please leave a message if you get our voice mail.   Our
web site, www.collectioncare.org, has current contact information.  A
few of the topics in our upcoming Collections Caretaker issues include:
fiberoptic lighting, museum quality mannequins, foams used in museums,
and an overview and evaluation of preservation assessments. Thank you,
and all of our subscribers, so much for your patience.

Sincerely yours,
Helen Alten, Director
Northern States Conservation Center
P.O. Box 8081