From:
Astrida Schaeffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:18:12 -0400
I've used Thompson Water Seal on canvas before, to treat a pavilion, and I
don't know if it was the quality of the cloth, the effect of the seal,
exposure to sun, or what, but the structure succumbed to rot after fairly
brief usage (exposure to sunlight and the elements for about a one week each
year for four years.) It just came apart in my hands the last time I tried
to put it up.

Astrida
Astrida Schaeffer, Assistant Director
The Art Gallery