From:
reception <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:06:58 -0600
Hi folks,

We have been offered a framed print of Treaty 8 with handwritten notes by
Fred Mecredi (possible Fort Chipewyan Chief). It has water damage, a rip in
the bottom center and damage to the brown paper on the back. It is still
readable, with some smudging to the blue ink notes. The current owners wish
to sell this artefact.

Questions I have are:

-          What is it worth? If anything.

-          Where would the original artefact be?

-          Who was Fred Mecredi? Do handwritten notes add value?

-          Is this item Treaty 8?

-          Is this item worth conserving? Repairing the damage?

This item on offer does not photograph well, but I do have some images taken
of it. We have already notified the prospective donor that they should be
offering it to the Fort Chipewyan Museum first. But, we do need to have some
idea of what they “actually” have versus what they “claim” to have.

I would appreciate any feedback. Please reply off list to HYPERLINK
"mailto:[log in to unmask]"[log in to unmask]

   _____

It has removed 3617 spam emails to date.
Try HYPERLINK
"http://www.download.com/Spamfighter/3000-2382_4-10764780.html"SPAMfighter
for free now!

Checked by AVG.