Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 22:08:10 -0700
Ron Goldfeder wrote:

> The Museum of Transportation in St. Louis (www.museumoftransport.org) is a
> must, with 33 steam locomotives, the largest number in North America, among
> the over 140 railroad exhibits, if you get near it.  Others that are prime in
> the eastern half of the US are Steamtown in Scranton, PA, the Illinois
> Railway Museum in Union, IL about 60 miles NW of Chicago, the Pennsylvania
> State RR Museum in Strasburg, PA.  Have a good trip.
>
> Ron Goldfeder
> Registrar and Webmaster
> Museum of Transportation

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
>                                                                               . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THE LIST THE CALIFORNIA STATE RAILROAD MUSEUM
ESTABLISHED IN 1981 AND RANKS HIGHLY AMONG INSTITUTIONS THAT RECAPTURE
THE HISTORY OF RAILROADS AND THEIR TRANSFORMATION OF HUMAN AFFAIRS. I
WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND THAT YOU GET RICHARD STEINHEIMER'S BOOK, AN
ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF RAILROADING IN CALIFORNIA AND THE WEST.TO ORDER,
WRITE TO CALIFORNIA DEPT. OF PARKS AND RECREATION P.O. BOX 942896,
SACRAMENTO, CA 94296 (PHONE 916-322-7000). GOOD LUCK.

Hanna