From:
"Wesley S. Creel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2014 22:57:31 +0000
Good Afternoon Lisa,

There are over 20,000 Federal, State, and Local laws, statutes, and ordinances that relate directly to the ownership, transportation, use, and carrying of firearms.  I recommend that you contact the National Firearms Museum of the National Rifle Association, located in Fairfax, VA and share your excellent question with them.

To demonstrate the complexity of firearms laws across the U.S.A., please see http://www.handgunlaw.us/  .  Even as the holder of a State of Tennessee Firearm Carry Permit, there are some states that – as soon as I cross that state’s border, by any mode of transportation, and I am in the possession of a firearm,…. I am immediately liable to be arrested on felony charges  -- even for transporting of an unloaded firearm, in a locked box, with a separate lock on the firearm’s trigger assembly, located in the trunk of my vehicle…and additionally not having any ammo on my person, or in my vehicle.

Needless to say, I bypass those states!

Best Wishes,

Wesley

Wesley S. Creel

Administrator of Programs

Pink Palace Family of Museums

3050 Central Avenue

Memphis, TN 38111

Website  www.memphismuseums.org<http://www.memphismuseums.org/>

Office 901.636.2370  new telephone number

FAX 901.636.2391  new FAX number

e-mail  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Please consider including the Pink Palace Family of Museums in your charitable giving plans

along with your other charitable interests.

Please visit all our great facilities as well as our website: www.memphismuseums.org<blocked::http://www.memphismuseums.org/> Our mission: The Pink Palace Family of Museums inspires people to learn how history.science, technology and nature shape the mid-South. Through rich collections, thought-provoking exhibitions, and engaging programs, we encourage our diverse community to reflect on the past, understand the present, and influence the future