From:
Mario Bucolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 01:57:11 +0200
On 8-08-2005 21:03, "Alexandra Trumbull" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> We seem to have a tug-of-war between "young" and
> "new". I understand now that "new" excludes as many
> people as "young" does.

Sorru, it is not real, more young then new ;-)

>What can we do? I still think
> "new" is better than "young" because we don't want to
> assume that all people new to the field are
> twenty-somethings. We can just make it clear that the
> group welcomes the participation of people in various
> stages of their lives. But our group would be to help
> museum world people learn more about what's going on
> internationally,

And who will do this...only NEW professional? Without any experience?

>the big topics being discussed, and
> how to best advertise themselves in the job market.

Job market is difficult to access by young, more difficult by NEW...so it is
better that Young will open the channel to NEW

> That's what I see it as. I like Pat's idea about
> encouraging membership within people's groups.
>
> People with more experience in how to form a committee
> under ICOM will have to keep me up on how to do that,
> because I have no idea.

I post the rules from ICOM statutes, please read that.

> But I'm glad this ICOM young group is really taking
> off.

Ohhh...finally...YOUNG ;-)

>It's exciting, and I'm thrilled at the prospect
> of being really involved!
>
> Mario and Carrie, where will you be in mid-October?

Milan, north of Italy

Bye

Mario

--
Mario Bucolo, ABIS MultiCom & Museumland CEO
Skype user: mariobucolo

Visit http://www.museumland.net
The WorldWide Portal to museums and cultural heritage

CulturMed Conference
http:// www.culturmed.info

ABIS MultiCom S.r.l. - Multimedia & Communication
Via Milano n.61 - 95127 Catania - Italy
Ph: +39-095-38.70.92
Ph: +39-02-38596640
No fax, just email!