From:
Gale Motter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:20:39 -0800
At 10:10 AM 03/27/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated Mon, 27 Mar 2000  6:20:57 AM Eastern Standard Time, "P.
>van Mensch" <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>
> > I am very interested to learn about other examples of museologists
> > (founders, directors, curators) buried in "their own" museum!
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any information.

Edward Drinker Cope,a famous paleontologist at the Academy of Natural
Sciences, is actually part of the collections in Philadelphia. He requested
that his skeleton be prepared and used for the type specimen of Homo
sapiens. He died in 1897, in 1994 he finally got his wish. For the whole
story, check out "Hunting Dinosaurs" by Louie Psihoyos.

Gale