From:
Gale Motter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:25:59 -0800
The museum I "grew up" in was the Pennsylvania State Museum (then the
William Penn) in Harrisburg. I would ditch any adult with me and hours
later could be found in the Hall of Mammals on the 3rd floor. I could stare
at the dioramas all day, had names for most of the animals, they were like
old friends. In my imagination I knew what happened right before I walked
into the room, what was over that back hill, and what they were all going
to be doing after I left. I love classic dioramas to this day and was lucky
enough to get work in the Natural history exhibits field.
By the way, to the person who mentioned the Cincinnati Museum of Nat Hist:
thank you for NOT remembering those d**** dressed fleas! (they were half
inch high dolls dressed as a wedding party only the heads of the people
were a dead flea glued in place, from Mexico I believe) When the museum
moved to a new building we got so many people asking about them that they
had to go back out on display.
Gale

Gale Motter
Creative Exhibits Designer