From:
Tod Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2016 10:47:03 -0400
Just because something is outside particular boundaries of “Fair Use" does not necessarily mean it constitutes Copyright infringement. What you describe is too vague to make a judgement. You would have to be more precise about what you are doing and not doing. You should consult your attorneys.

For instance, I can purchase a book and subsequently sell or loan it to you. This is simply established legal precedent. But if you by a whole bunch of bestsellers and then charge people to come into your institution to read them… someone might get a tad upset.

Cheers,
                   tod