From:
Mary Helen Dellinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2015 16:30:25 +0000
As a general rule, I do NOT put dirty objects on exhibit as it can impact the environment around them.  It is one thing to want to keep the “ambiance” of a piece – it looks used and old and that’s great.  But to not even provide basic cleaning before display is not a good idea.  You can dust it without ruining the overall look of the piece.  That’s just my two cents.

Mary Helen Dellinger, Curator

Manassas Museum