From:
"Wesley S. Creel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2015 18:44:29 +0000
Good Afternoon Peggy,

Yes, you need to obtain permission from the license holder (read: studio) of the movie, to do what you propose.

Two companies come to mind, SWANK and Criterion.

1.   SWANK at http://museums.swankmp.com/

2.  Criterion at http://www.criterion.com/

Both companies represent dozens of major “Hollywood” studios for non-theatrical purposes, as you related in your e-mail.

There may be other companies.  I mention these two companies because I have dealt with them in the past, to obtain movies for non-theatrical presentations at our museum’s large format theater.

The is one caveat, your museum may not run paid advertisements in any media outside of your museum.  E-mails to members are OK, announcing in your newsletter are OK, indoor posters are OK, trailers in your museum theater or planetarium are OK…….but no outside banners, billboards, newspaper ads, radio/t.v. ads, etc, etc…. They will explain why….

Best Wishes,

Wesley

Wesley S. Creel

Administrator of Programs

Pink Palace Family of Museums

3050 Central Avenue

Memphis, TN 38111

Website  www.memphismuseums.org<http://www.memphismuseums.org/>

Office 901.636.2370  new telephone number

FAX 901.636.2391  new FAX number

e-mail  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Please consider including the Pink Palace Family of Museums in your charitable giving plans

along with your other charitable interests.

Please visit all our great facilities as well as our website: www.memphismuseums.org<blocked::http://www.memphismuseums.org/> Our mission: The Pink Palace Family of Museums inspires people to learn how history.science, technology and nature shape the mid-South. Through rich collections, thought-provoking exhibitions, and engaging programs, we encourage our diverse community to reflect on the past, understand the present, and influence the future