From:
Candace Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:56:03 -0500
They ARE rentable.we investigated it several years ago. However, that is
truly a small amount of books for the renting cost.  They are quite high
even as rentals.  We briefly considered trying to get another institution
involved, and that might be a way to go.  However, you will need to have to
scan a lot more material, IMO, to make it cost effective...I mean 1000s of
books.  At least that is my weary recollection of the whole proceedings.

Perhaps an institution of higher learning, for example, would consider doing
your scanning at a fee.

I think you can contact Minolta, for example, for information.  I believe we
talked to a Minolta rep but I can't remember for sure.

Candace Perry

Schwenkfelder Library & Heritage Center

  _____