From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 14:01:01 -0700
Well, the 'enhancements' which I've used are all part of the HTML 2.0 and
HTML 3.0 specifications.  Netscape Communications claims that they now work
with, and will continue to work with the W3C and authors of other WWW
browsers, so I'm not sure that one could claim that Netscape is using
proprietary formats.  However, I've heard that newer versions of Netscape
will include the ability to directly play Macromind Director 4.0
multi-media presentations.  I'm sure this is proprietary and I look forward
to it.  I've used Director before, and I look forward to being able to
incorporate Director movies into WWW documents.

I'll be honest.  I am not a programmer.  Being spoon fed the tools to do
really neat WWW design is a good thing, and I'll readily use them.

Jim

Jim Angus

Molecular Systematics Laboratory/Web Manager
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90007
(213) 744-3317

http://cwis.usc.edu:80/lacmnh