From:
Martin Kriszat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 11:24:48 +0200
>Hi all!
>
>I apologize for a very technical question, but bright ideas are
>desperately needed.
>
>I wonder if anyone on the list would have experience with the "At
>Ease" software for controlling the interface of Macintosh computers.
>
>We are preparing a set of HyperCard stacks for an interactive kiosk at an
>exhibition organized by the Ashmolean Museum. We were advised to use At
>Ease to secure our hard disc during the exhibition, so that visitors cannot
>mess up the hard disc files whenever the computer crashes.
>
>There seems to be a problem settining this up. We had initially put the
>opening stack in the Start up Items folder of the hard disc, so that if
>the computer crashes and is restarted again, the progam would be loaded
>automatically. If we install At Ease however, it is the At Ease opening
>screen that the visitors see first. I wonder if there is a way round this,
>securing both our hard disc and having HyperCard starting automatically at
>startup, the only screen that the users will see.
>
>Please reply to me personally.
>
>Regards,
>
>Maria Economou

Hello Maria!

Well, I=B4ve just read the instructions of At Ease.
I tried the same procedure you did - with the same unsatisfying result.

A possibility could be that you don=B4t use At Ease anymore.
Instead you might take a look at "Hide Folders". It=B4s a small Freeware-Uti=
lity.
It exactly does what the name says (with password-protection).
I shall send it bin-hexed to your private e-mail-adress.

With kind regards, Martin

Martin Kriszat
Student of Prehistory
Universitaet Hamburg
Archaeologisches Institut
Johnsallee 35
D-22148 Hamburg

Tel.: 0049-40-610783

P.S.: I am very interested in your interactive activities. I just have
started writing my M.A.-thesis about the use of interactive media in
archaeological museums :-)
I am working with Hypercard and Supercard.