From:
"jerry.symonds" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2011 07:33:28 +0100
Rebecca,

I would recommend you refer to the excellent SPECTRUM standards.
Although developed and managed from within the UK, I understand that
these standards are also referred to by Museums, Collections Managers
and Registrars elsewhere in the World at large!

Here's a link that will give you a flavour of the sections headings
within SPECTRUM, so you can quickly see if this is the kind of thing you
are looking for..

http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/?ct=search.home/tagList/332

These standards are periodically updated to represent the best in
current thinking.

Good Luck!

Jerry Symonds - Snr Internal Auditor
Historic Royal Palaces