Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:12:42 -0500
Does anyone know where tax law currently stands on artists making
donations of their own artwork?

I know that there have been several bills presented to Congress over the
past few years, most recently in February of this year. However, I can't
find any specific information on the status of this bill. So, I'm assuming
that it has yet to make it through the system, which means that artists
can still only deduct the cost of materials used to make a donated
artwork, versus deducting the fair market value of the work.

Any knowledge you can share will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Sara

Sara Rowe Hignite, Registrar
Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum