From:
Meg Justus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:37:30 -0700
I just wanted to say *thank you* to whoever (someone on this list, but I've lost the original answer to my query) suggested painter's tape as a buffer between the walls, the double-sided tape, and the foam core board when mounting the latter to the former.

I just took down the most recent temporary exhibit in the museum where I was having such a hard time with panels either falling off randomly or melding so tightly with the wall that they were almost impossible to pry off (sometimes right next to each other), and it was like night and day.  The panels stayed up for the entire year, yet they came right off when I was ready for them to, with no damage to panels or wall.

I will never mount another foam core panel onto wood or drywall without painter's tape.  What a simple, inexpensive solution.  That worked.

Meg Justus
independent curator and exhibit designer