From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:01:27 -0700
Anne,

I would personally stay away from solvents (including water). Teflon
spatulas can work wonders in some of these situations.

There are some excellent paper and photo conservators in North Carolina and
nearby. I would advise that you hire one of them for a single day to come
and go through the albums with you to work out a safe method for you to
accomplish this.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant
Los Angeles, CA
MindingTheMuseum.com