From:
"Harding, Deborah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:39:26 -0400
When I started looking for museum jobs in the mid-1970s, I had a very hard
time finding a starting position.  Most of those available I wasn't
qualified for.  I remember a job listing for someone with an MA, 3 years'
experience, and 2 European languages; salary--a princely $12,000/year.
Things ain't changed much.