Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 17:16:05 -0700
Light-Hearted RANT

Today I received a comment on my blog.  I presume it was a reply to my latest post which was in fact a request for freelance work leads.

In the comment (which I promptly *rejected*) the anonymous (can u believe it? ANONYMOUS) person complimented me on my artwork and then proceeded with very few words (unlike this post) to e-slap my hand for "advertising" on this listserv (Ouch!  Again?!   ...  Hey I learned my lesson summer before last, okay?).

So I realized that this anonymous person was reacting to my e-mail signature which is automatically appended to all of my outgoing e-mail messages.

As everyone's sig does.

So this is an acknowledgment to that anonymous person and the group here.  Not an apology exactly since I see people's contact information appended to messages here and everywhere else in cyberspace...

But hey, I live in a small mountain town.  And I AM looking for opportunities to virtual freelance for a museum or related art / historical org/institution.

I may offend some of the people on this listserv
(for reasons of THEIR own... please do own up to your stuff folks.  Your supposed to be authorities and learned folk...  ANONYMOUS comments indeed!).

:-P

Lighten up.

Anyway, send some work this way.  You're internet savvy enough to know that telecommuting and remote worker do work.

I know most of the folks on this list are up to their mousepads in responsibilities.  Delegate some this way. Low profile it if you have to.

And yes, yes, I understand if you are too scared, too bureaucratically strapped etc., but it is my responsibility as a kickass cybernomadic art geek to ask for work when I want it.  And why not ask the best?  I'm one of the best too, so lets gel.

And in case anyone is wondering or preparing to ask me:
NO, the standard staffing agencies and procedures are not a good fit since traditional hiring practices insist on cookie cutting their workers prior to consideration.  (Web forms, physical address phone number, etc.  Pretty classist if you ask me.)

Can't a kickass cybernomadic art geek find some cooperation with the status quo?  Perhaps the answer is no.  Once more, their loss.  The world is doomed once again.  Come save the world, send some work this way.

RESEARCH ASSISTANCE, DESIGN ASSISTANCE, oh and yes I can write my ass off too.

Pardon the real-world language snobs!

Oh and look, I've UNchecked my signature box.
No "advertising" in this rant.
And finally pardon the rantishness of this post.
My moon is in Aquarius and people on this list have an unappealingly authoritative air which I of course can't help but dismantle swiftly ... Kinda like those employment inquiry forms do to sincere people who are just looking for a little honest (albeit unconventional) work.  ;-)

So there too.

Tu

Still love ya.