From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2011 12:23:43 -0700
Shana,

In addition there is also the issue of who owns the copyright to the image
if you lift one off the web.

You are best off in having a open call for children in your community to be
photographed for this - you could even do it as a nice marketing effort /
contest.

You can find information on model's releases at:
http://asmp.org/tutorials/property-and-model-releases.html

The forms are here:
http://www.nyip.com/ezine/techtips/model-release.html

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant
Los Angeles, CA