From:
Jun Francisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:01:26 -0500
Thank you all for your insightful comments, which I shared with my colleagues.
After some discussion, we have made it a policy to not accept any money from auction houses as they may become problematic in the future, as many of you have outlined.  Again, thanks so much for your participation in the discussion.

Emmanuel (Jun) Francisco, Jr.
Director of Collections Management
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
Tel.: (216) 515-1237
Fax: (216) 515-1284

Rock & Roll: (noun) African American slang dating back to the early 20th Century. In the early 1950s, the term came to be used to describe a new form of music, steeped in the blues, rhythm & blues, country and gospel. Today, it refers to a wide variety of popular music -- frequently music with an edge and attitude, music with a good beat and --- often --- loud guitars.(c) 2005 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.