From:
"Stubbs, Donna L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:49:39 -0500
I have been following this and other discussions on museum qualifications and training with great interest.
I have an MA in archaeological studies with a minor in museum studies.  I have completed an internship at a museum and volunteered at two museums.  I am currently working as an archaeologist but would like to "break into" the museum curation/collections management field.  As everybody can attest to, these jobs are hard to get and with the financial constraints hitting many museums, becoming harder.

I am considering a PhD but have not done much research yet on what is offered.  Are there any college's that offer distance learning PhD programs in collections management?

Thanks in advance.

Donna Stubbs                             HDR Engineering, Inc.
Archaeologist                                6190 Golden Hills Dr.
(763)591-5442                              Minneapolis, MN  55416