From:
JOANNA PESSA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:56:22 -0700
One of the most perceptive and funniest novels ever written about museum life is The Hound in the Left Hand Corner by Giles Waterfield.  It is available on Amazon, in print and Kindle editions.  It was published in Britain a few years ago.  Although not an academic text, it might encourage interest in a future with museums, and it's an engaging read.

For any museum person who hasn't read it, go out and get a copy immediately. I know you will appreciate it.

Joanna Pessa