From:
Guy Hermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2013 12:55:33 -0400
Mike—

I don’t see any harm in posting a link to the RFP here. An exhibit designer might well see it. A better place to post it would be on the NAME (National Association for Museum Exhibitions)  email list or one of their forums on Facebook or LinkedIn.

You might also consider refining the list of firms you send the RFP to. There are hundreds of design firms and with an open RFP you may get dozens of responses. That sounds good until you have to wade through many responses.  It might be helpful to do a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) first to select firms you feel are qualified to do the work. This can save you the time of going through many proposals and is a blessing to firms who might compete for the work. Responding to an RFP can take substantial work. Responding to an RFQ is much simpler as firms typically have qualification packages ready to send.

Good luck.

Guy

Guy Hermann, Principal
Museum Insights