From:
Piper Severance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:28:02 -0800
Thank you Carol for expressing this idea much clearer than I have. While
the almost obligatory inclusion of the three different races can annoy, it
is not inappropriate. We may fool ourselves into thinking that monuments
are for the dead, but they are just as much (if not more) for the present
living and the future. This monument will also have different meanings for
each generation that passes. I think that it is very important to really
consider what this monument is for and what we are trying to express, not
only for ourselves but for our future.