From:
Katherine Bolinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:41:00 -0600

I have a few seemingly off topic questions especially directed toward
exhibit designers and developers.

1. What subjects in school, not directly related to your work, do you find
most helpful in your exhibit work today?

2. Which books, not related to exhibitions or design, have you found to be
most helpful or inspiring in your current work?

3. If you were to design a course or write a book to help aspiring exhibit
developers and designers what would be your 2 or 3 main points? Or worded
another way, what do the new people need to know that you don't think they
are getting in school?

4. Do you have a motto that pertains to your work, and if so what is it?
(Examples of mottos: when a bad joke is told -- "they can't all be gems"
when supplies are lacking and the final product isn't all that one had hoped
for -- "just doing what I can with what I got")

Thank you,

Katie Bolinger
Exhibition development and design MA student

PS: Please do not post to the listserv complaining that these questions are
irrelevant, posts of that nature take up list space and composing them
wastes your time. Instead just delete this message and use that extra time
to go get a nice beverage or call a friend for a quick chat.