From:
Peter Howey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:01:00 -0700
Hello all,

The Bay County Historical Museum in central Michigan owns a historic home
that is to eventually house museum exhibits.  The area's first frame home,
 constructed in 1836,  is at the point where extensive wood repair to
external trim and windows needs to be performed before the home is painted.
It is on both the National and State Historic Register.

I am hoping to make some contacts with other historic societies that have
gone through the same process of having proper renovation/restoration work
done.  I really don't even know where to start with contacting contractors -
the local "experts" are quick to give a low quote to get the work, but the
last painting the home rec'd immediately flaked off.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I see so much useful
information pass through this list, I figured I might as well try to
not re-invent the wheel.

Thanks!

Peter Howey, Director
Bay County Historical Museum