From:
Danielle Trynoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:28:36 -0700
Derek,

Puzzles, word scrambles, and other DIY games are always a safe plan, but I
would encourage you to look up the educational resources available at Esri
(Environmental Systems Research Institute). This company owns and produces
ArcGIS and many of the main GIS softwares used around the world. Most of
their employees majored in geography and the entire company is focused on
maps, maps, maps. Their education department is focused on creating
resources for all age groups and audiences, so I'm sure their website will
offer some ideas. For lesson plans and geography theory, check out these
sites:
http://www.esri.com/industries/k-12/education/educators

http://edcommunity.esri.com/

If you're willing to invest in any tech like iPads or touchscreens for your
space, then Esri also offers some free mapping programs which may allow you
to develop some interactive activities too.

Best of luck,

Danielle Trynoski
Seeking opportunities in museums & heritage management in the Inland Empire
and LA Metro areas