From:
Laura Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:15:32 -0800
Hi - I'm trolling for ideas: our museum is hosting the Dinamation dinosaurs
this summer in our auditorium. Each dino will be in/on an "island" of rock
and artifical plants (on top of plastic sheeting to protect the wooden
floor).  We're trying to be "evolutionarily correct", so they will be
surrounded mostly by artificial ferns, cycads, conifers and mossy-type
things.  I'm trying to figure out what we could use to fill in around the
plant bases on the floor.  We're trying to avoid natural materials (wood
chips, dried moss, etc...) because we would have to fumigate and fireproof
them.  We could use crushed rocks, but they are fairly expensive and heavy.
Has anybody out there solved a similar problem or have any brilliant ideas
they'd like to share?  Extra challenge: we don't have a big budget and we're
getting short on time.  Please respond to:  [log in to unmask]