From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:48:10 +1300
There are established codes of ethics in the Museum world and many fine
volumes on the rights, priveleges and obligations of governance. I have
worked with boards who have a variety of vested interests. Providing they
don't attempt to exercise these interests in a manner that is self serving,
or to the detriment of the institution, I can see no problem.
Even ICOM, who were at one stage appeared to be dead against any form of
consultant in the membership ( Patrick Boylan may correct me in this of he
is reading this mail ) now has accepted consultants in their fold - dealers
Patrick?

For books on governance, have a look in the nonprofit or museum sections of
DR DRUM's Not For Profit Bookshop, at this address:
http://members.tripod.com/~DrDrum_2/Bookshop.html

best wishes
Roger

GLOBAL MUSEUM  -your free international museum ezine
http://www.globalmuseum.org