From:
Sharyn Horowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 08:51:39 +0100
I really recommend Planning for People in Museum Exhibitions by Kathy
McLean. It's expensive, but it's worth every penny. Someone absconded with
my first copy so I bought a second. Also, the Exploratorium has a lot of
interesting papers on line as part of the Teacher Educator Network. Or you
can take Greyhound to the AAM conference, sneak into the exhibit hall, and
read everything in the booth. Good luck.

>As an entry-level museum employee, I want to learn more about museums,
>but can't afford the books I've found on-line. My local library and
>nearby university library have been only somewhat helpful. Can anyone
>recommend other sources of free or inexpensive books on museums? Or can
>anyone recommend books that are particularly valuable? I am primarily
>interested in education/programming, exhibit development, and direction
>on how to make myself more valuable to a museum.
>
>Thanks
>Katherine Ziff

Sharyn Horowitz, The Health Museum of Cleveland
8911 Euclid Avenue * Cleveland, OH 44106 * (216) 231-5010 * fax 231-5129
http://www.healthmuseum.org