From:
Roger Wulff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:11:25 -0400
Dear Dan:

As a partial answer to your question, please visit our new "On-Line"
Museum Bookstore.  This Bookstore offers books, magazines and software
to everyone with a credit card, a computer and access to the Internet -
and usually at discounted prices.  Our International Craft Boutique
offers craft objects from various cultures in the world - and the
profits are returned to the cultures which produced those objects.

In January of this year, I attended a conference called "Non-Profits
On-Line."  During this conference, Barnes and Noble announced their
Program for Non-Profit Affiliates.  After the conference, we contacted
Barnes and Noble and became one of their Non-Profit Affiliates.  The
service provided by Barnes and Noble was very good and still continues.

The only problem which occurred was getting my server provider - The
Washington Post Company - to enter the proper Barnes and Noble code on
our Museum Bookstore Page so that all sales would be automatically
credited to MSI's account by the Barnes and Noble computer system.  The
problem was with The Washington Post - not Barnes and Noble.

I selected Barnes and Noble because: they expressed an interest in us -
the non-profit community - by establishing a Program for us; Barnes and
Noble was an established bookseller before the internet and I feel they
can offer a wider range of products to MSI's customers (General Interest
and Professional Museology Books) AND THEY OFFER THESE BOOKS AT A
DISCOUNT PRICE - VISIT OUR MUSEUM BOOKSTORE AND CHECK THE PRICES!

If you are interested in details, contact me off-list.

Kind Regards

Roger Wulff
Visit our New Web Site and our New BARNES & NOBLE MUSEUM BOOKSTORE at:

        http://www.washingtonpost.com/yp/museumshopint

Museum Services International is a non-profit organization which
provides planning and implementation services in all areas of cultural
and museum operations - especially in the area of "Economuseology."