From:
Carol Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 12:54:30 +0100
I was recently shown around a museum in Madrid - I believe it was called
the Anthropology Museum.  The museum was closed to the public and the
galleries were empty and had been so for many years.  The collections were
well stored.  I understand that this museum was originally opened during
the times of Franco and  presented his view (or some official view) of
Spanish culture and life.  When he died the museum was closed and the
collection was put in storage.   I believe there is some angst amongst the
museum community, the government and others (?) about how, or whether,  it
should be reconfigured.  Can anybody out there give me any information
about this museum, and or this story (which, I confess, is rather sketchy).
 Please reply off list if you wish.
Thank you.

Carol E Mayer
Curator