From:
Linda Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 08:34:19 -0700
The American Association of Museum Volunteers, an affiliate group of the
American Association of Museums, was seriously investigating the tax
deductibility of donated time to non-profit institutions.  The last I read
was an article in their newsletter about 3 years ago.  You should be able
to contact the AAMV through the AAM's web site.  There is also an
international association for museum volunteers, but I'm sorry I no longer
remember the acronym or exact name--ICOM should have information about
this group.

Dr. Linda Ellis
Professor, Dept. of Classics & Classical Archaeology
Director, Museum Studies Program
College of Humanities
San Francisco State University

E-mail: [log in to unmask]