From:
Edward Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:56:24 -0400
Greetings to our international correspondents,

I request your assistance in translating a single word.  At Mystic Seaport
we are building a ship, an 80 foot recreation of the Cuban (Spanish
Flagged) Schooner _Amistad_ (circa 1840).

The word Amistad means Friendship in English.  I'm looking for the
equivalent word in as many languages as I can get.  Here's what I've got so
far, if you can add to the list please contact me at the address listed in
the signature file below rather than through a reply to the list.  (Once
I've got all the "Friendship" I can find I'll send the whole thing to
Museum-list again.)

Amistad - Spanish

Friendship - English

Freundschaft - German

Amitié - French

Venskab - Danish

Amicizia - Italian

For more information about the project check the web page address for
Mystic Seaport in the sig. file.

Thanks (danke, merci, gracias ...)

Edward

Edward Baker
Assistant Director, Interpretation Department
Mystic Seaport Museum
Box 6000
Mystic, CT  06355

(860)572-0711 ext 5080