Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 23:10:31 -0700
Museum-Lers,

(First, thanks to the VERY FEW of you who responded to my request for
art packer/mover references; I still owe one person a more direct thank
you for a very helpful reply).

Now, the new favor...

What should a person who is hired for ONE YEAR to:

*consult on building design for a new/renovated facility
*schedule and supervise the physical move of a large collection (tens of
thousands of boxes of material), including coordination of labor with
other responsible parties
*coordinate with architect and construction contractors for collections
move
*coordinate move of collections with other staff members; also
coordinate move of office furniture, telephones, etc., with other
responsible parties (outside of the facility, but within the company)
*train staff of two or four in basic preservation/conservation/art
handling; also help find, design, or decide on supplies needed
*supervise said staff on a day-to-day basis
*plan storage space/organization for new building
*I am sure I am leaving some things out...

...be paid?? This imaginary, hypothetical person is negotiating salary,
and the hypothetical employer wants a frame of reference.

If you reply, would you mind being contacted to verify that your opinion
is being represented as given?

Thanks!!!!!!!!
--
Timothy L. Campbell