Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 08:40:55 PST
> I just joined this listserv.  I was wondering if anyone had advice about
> where to locate museum job listings.  I recieve aviso, am aware of the
> MERC web site, and the government jobs web site.  Any other suggestions?

The following sources have been mentioned on Museum-L over the last few
months.  Good luck!

Museum Employment Resource Center (MERC)   www.wyoming.com/~merc/

USA Jobs (lists places like Smithsonian)    www.usajobs.opm.gov/

Department of Interior:  National Park Service, etc.
www.info.er.usgs.gov/doi/avads/index.html

NPS Gopher (general hodgepodge of jobs, including museums, archives,
libraries, etc). Enter address below and click on the "Positions" folder.
  gopher://ncptt.nps.gov/

America's Job Bank lists some state museum jobs.  www.ajb.dni.us/

Check out Museum employment resources at: http://199.190.151.3:80/~merc/

NPS Personnel Office, 15 State St., Boston, MA 02109. Or by checking the
website at www.nps.org or
http://info.er.usgs.gov/doi/avads/announcements/psnaro97.15