From:
Joy Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 08:00:00 PST
The Cultural Resource Management Program at the University of Victoria is
offering an innovative immersion course in February for museum
professsionals faced with the need to diversify their museum's funding sources.
We have a few spaces left, so let us know if you'd like to receive information or
registration materials:

TOWARD SELF-SUFFICIENCY: MUSEUM REVENUE DEVELOPMENT
An entrepreneurial approach to revenue generation is the key to greater
financial stability for many museums and other cultural heritage
organizations. This intensive course explores changing funding realities,
expectations, and opportunities, and develops your ability to:
        -       balance mandate, mission and funding
        -       identify appropriate revenue sources, including admission fees, gift shops,
mail order sales, food services, facility rentals, professional and consulting
services, and licensing images and products
        -       project and manage revenue income
        -       anticipate management and human resource implications
        -       consider ethical and legal issues
        -       address marketing and public relations concerns
This course includes a preparatory assignment.

Instructor: Graeme Page, Associate Director, Communications and Development
for The Banff Centre and Principal, Graeme Page Associates

Dates: February 23 - 28, 1998

Please register : ASAP

Fee: $589 (Canadian Funds)

Accommodation: we can recommend a range of accommodation, including a
B&B that has a special winter rate of $25 per night and great breakfasts!

Travel: Victoria is easily accessible by air or ferry from both Vancouver and
Seattle.

Joy Davis, Program Director
Cultural Resource Management Program
University of Victoria
Phone 250-721-8462
FAX 250-721-8774
email  [log in to unmask]

For detailed Program information, please visit our Web Site at
http://www.uvcs.uvic.ca/crmp