From:
RHEA TANNENBAUM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:06:33 -0500
Rick Simoncelli wrote:

"For an upcoming exhibition for which we expect a huge attendance, we
are
considering building in the cost of the audiotour as part of the non-
member
admission price."

***********
Sorry, no real life experience with this, although I think I would
find a mandated audiotour
objectionable personally. A few questions you might ask yourself:

1. what accommodations will you make for the deaf and hearing
impaired?
2. what will you do about repeat visitors who merely want to sit in
or stroll the galleries without repeating the audiotour? (After all,
you are an *art* museum!)
3. and what about the folks who don't want to leave your facility
with a wicked case of headphone-hair? ;-)

Rhea Tannenbaum
Exhibits Coordinator
Gumbo Limbo Nature Center
Boca Raton, FL