From:
"Thomas A. Reitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 10:52:20 -0400
Garth - that's pretty much the same here at Doon.  The local fire department
have allowed us to put extinguishers behind doors at exits but in some
instances they have insisted on more visible locations, or there hasn't been
a door to hide it behind.  Plus when our fire inspectors come through, they
usually quiz our costumed interpreters to find out if they know where the
extinguishers are.  The fire department has been reluctant to let us put
them in cupboards because cupboards often end up being a jumbled mess with
other interpreter supplies.

Tom

m having At 10:33 AM 7/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I would like to know how sites with historic buildings deal with fire
>extinguishers and the their local fire code. Our local Fire Department has
>informed us that we must have our extinguishers visible and at the exits of
>our historic buildings. Other historic sites get around having fire
>extinguishers visible, and I would like to get feedback as to how this is
>done without being in contravention of the code.
>

>Garth Dallman
>Site Interpretive Supervisor
>The Farm Museum
>formerly the Ontario Agricultural Museum

Thomas A. Reitz
Manager/Curator
Doon Heritage Crossroads
R.R. #2